[Sugar-devel] Rainbow in F-11 and F-12

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Sat Jan 30 22:06:35 EST 2010

> I'd like to import rainbow 0.8.6 in Fedora devel and backport it to
> F-11, for the purpose of getting it in the Paraguayan build, and maybe
> also in the F11-XO1 and SoaS, if there's interest.

Thanks. Let me know what assistance you'd like.

> Anything important I should be aware of?

My suggestion is to first try following the installation instructions for Sugar
by hand and to play with the result for a few minutes. That will provoke some
questions which you should send to me. Then you might want to write a script
that implements those instructions for inclusion in your build-system of choice.

One notably issue not covered in the current installation instructions is the
need for a cronjob or bootjob to periodically call rainbow-gc.

Finally, in the long run, it would be nice to figure out how to make use of
rainbow-0.8's ability to resume individual uids. (Martin Langhoff expressed
some interest in this issue in dlo#8814.)

Michael