[Sugar-devel] Soas blueberry - x.org problems?

Dave Bauer dave.bauer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 12:44:07 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> "made" a SoaS v2 sticks, but it has problems during X.org startup.
>
>  - it boots
>  - The plymouth stage completes just fine (circles around XO icon...)
>  - You can see the pointer appear, with the "processing" swirl
> swirling, but it disappears after a second or two. It reappears after
> a second, diappears... Looks like x.org is having problems during
> startup, and retrying endlessly.
>
> I cannot get to a VT long enough to diagnose or even login, because X
> is switching VTs all the time. Is there a way to tell x.org that it's
> enough?
>
> This is, btw, on a vanilla laptop with i965 video chipset where Fedora
> 11 has no problems at all with x.org. Tested on a thinkpad and seen
> the exact same behaviour. Maybe this is a known issue with SoaS v2?
>
> To make it, I used livecd-tools directly, like this:
>
> livecd-iso-to-disk --format --reset-mbr --noverify --overlay-size-mb
> 300 --home-size-mb 500 --unencrypted-home ~/soas-2-blueberry.iso
> /dev/sdd1
>
> cheers,

Make sure you have the latest livecd-iso-to-disk.sh. I updated mine and it
worked ok but before I updated I had the same problem.

Check out this wiki info:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:SoaS_Blueberry_Instructions

It's not clear when this script is updated and it seriously needs some
version information so folks will know if they have the right version. At
least make it match soas version.

Dave

> --
>  martin.langhoff at gmail.com