[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN][FEATURE] 3G modem support

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Jan 27 06:54:35 EST 2010

I had a chance to apply the latest code that is attached in #1622 and
played a bit with a gsm-device. I think we discussed this already in
some parts before but I am still not sure about the following:

With my device attached I see the modem and hit 'connect' in the device
palette. I get no feedback when that action was not successful and what
went wrong. And I have no hint that I should set options in the Control
Panel.

I know we wanted to keep it simple but maybe someone has a smart idea
how one could enhance the feedback and a hint to use the control panel
to set the options? Didn't Eben suggested once to add an option to be
able to launch the CP from within the device?

Thanks,
    Simon

PS: did we settle on the icon?