[Sugar-devel] [support-gang] Collaboration woes

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 19:46:56 EST 2010

Thanks to everyone who responded.  I learned some things about Sugar
that don't seem to be written up anywhere,  Since I am writing a
manual I will write up what I've learned.

First, now that I understand that the SUGAR_PROFILE doesn't work after
F10 I've started running sugar-emulator under two different user id's
on F11, one as myself and one using su to my wife's id.  I've changed
both to use jabber.sugarlabs.org and they're both seeing lots of
neighbors now.  Of course they still can't see each other, but I feel
that I've made progress in any case.

On F10 i've changed the jabber server to jabber.sugarlabs.org and it
sees NOBODY in the neighborhood.  I've verified that the avahi demon
is running and I've disabled the firewall and still nothing.  There is
no particular need to use F10 for testing.  If I can get it working on
F11 I should be OK for purposes of finishing the chapter.

I've also learned about the Analyze Activity.  I might write that up too.

The names I'm trying to use for my IDs are James, James Simmons, and
Annie.  None of these three can see another at the moment.  I'd be
surprised if anyone else could see them.

James Simmons