[Sugar-devel] Sugar Activities and Permission Errors

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 12:47:23 EST 2010

Francis,

Activities cannot be made to run as root.  However, there should be no
need whatsoever to do this.  You can download files from a website
using code like that in the "Get Internet Archive Books" activity.
That Activity uses http to download books from the Internet Archive
website.

The permissions may be on the Google Docs side, in which case running
as root isn't going to help.  Maybe you could move the file to
someplace else, or include it in the Activity bundle?

James Simmons