[Sugar-devel] Sugar Activities and Permission Errors

Francis Xavier Fitzpatrick francis.x.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 11:38:02 EST 2010

Hello!

I've just begun working on a few activities that a class at my University
made last semester. The class made three different games (in Python) and
then tried to port them to the OLPC and run them as a sugar activity.

I was able to get a few of the games to start up correctly, but whenever
they try to download a file from Google Docs I get a permission error. I
started off by changing the permissions of the file location to 777, which
didn't work, and then just to be sure I changed the permissions of the
entire activity folder to 777... still no luck.

To be absolutely sure that this is a permission problem, I would like to run
the activity as root. Is this possible? Or does anyone have any better
ideas?

Thank you,
Fran Fitzpatrick