[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Control Panel Font configuration

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue Jan 19 16:59:56 EST 2010

Hi Yevlempy,

thanks for stepping up and taking this task! Welcome in the team ;D

On 01/19/2010 08:22 PM,  Yevlempy(Harsh Verma) wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am working on building the font configuring control panel, it will be a
> pygtk based control panel extension for
> handling the fonts. I have been working on few mockups for designing the
> font configuring control panel. There
> are three different kind of rough mockups i am giving here, with there own
> features and would like your advice
> and feedback on which to work upon.

I have added your topic to the design meeting next Saturday (15:30 UTC).
If you can attend even better, otherwise I will forward the feedback. So
latest you get feedback about the design after this weekend.

So, in the meantime you can start looking at the extensions code [2] for
a control panel. Have you setup your Sugar environment [3] already?
Please let us know if any guidance is needed?

Thanks,
    Simon

PS: Btw, it would be great to document this process of writing a Control
Panel extension. So if you take notes while going, and of course point
out the parts where we lack documentation etc that would be helpful :)

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/0.88_Meeting#Font_configuration
[2]
http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/sugar/repos/mainline/trees/master/extensions/cpsection
[3] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Jhbuild