[Sugar-devel] Call for testing

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 18:14:16 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> Great, I will think about the test protocol, too. And, i will work on a
> patch that helps us to easily switch between the two scenarios for testing.
>
> Thanks for all those thoughts - I think we are on the right track,

IMO, automated evaluation would also be useful.  For example, logging
how often various menu items are clicked.  Just adding a log print to
each UI control would be sufficient; we can harvest and analyze the
logs later.

For example, it might be useful to know how many new activities are
started before/after the change.  If it goes up by a little, we're
probably okay.  But if it goes up drastically, it might be a problem.
I don't think we need to get into deep statistical analysis, but it
might be useful to have the data available.

-Wade