[Sugar-devel] Keep confusion, again

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Jan 15 15:40:50 EST 2010

I'm back in the field and I'm again seeing the same confusion about Keep:
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2009-July/016375.html

The computer-literate people who produce training materials
misinterpret "Keep" as "Save" (i.e. if you don't click it your work is
lost) and pass on this misinformation to trainers, teachers and
children.

I do have something to add now though; I've noticed that Keep is
translated into Spanish as "Guardar"

In "regular software" unlike Sugar where saving is actually necessary,
the same term is used: Guardar

At least in English we have a separate word (Keep instead of Save)
which hopefully introduces the idea that it's not the same as regular
Save - but in Sugar's Spainsh translation this is not the case, almost
certainly adding to the confusion.

Daniel