[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN][FEATURE] 3G modem support

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Jan 15 02:48:39 EST 2010

On 12/11/2009 08:36 PM, mabente at paraguayeduca.org wrote:
> It has been discussed before and i have been working on it with Daniel
> Castelo from Uruguay.
>
> This is the link of the formal proposal, I will be updating it soon.
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/3G_Support

Hi Martin & Daniel,

thanks for proposing and working on this Feature!

Your Feature has been accepted for the 0.88 release cycle. It has a
clear value for many Sugar users and the need has been expressed from
people from the field. It is, what I am especially happy about,
implemented by locals! From a technical point of view the changes are
not too invasive.

* Design (from the Feature Page)*
An icon will be added to the frame when a modem is connected, and the
user will be able to connect and disconnect from there. Also, a section
will be added to the control panel that will allow entering the details
needed by the connection.

We will have a design meeting this weekend [1]. Do you have any
particular questions regarding the UI for your Feature? Do you have an
icon for the frame device and the control panel already?

Concerning the 0.88 release: The most important date is the Feature
Freeze Feb 01. The Feature must have been reviewed by the module
maintainer (in your case Tomeu for Sugar) and pushed to the repository.
I know that you are in contact with Tomeu already and patches are in
review. Furthermore please keep your Feature page up to date (testing
plan, release notes).

Thanks,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team/0.88_Meeting