[Sugar-devel] gcompris connect4 locking up / oom'ing

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Jan 14 09:40:53 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 02:14:27PM +0100, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> Hi GCompris devs,
>
> I am seeing a problem with gcompris-connect4-12.xo when used on the
> latest stable version of the XO OS (8.2.1 aka "802").
>
> The symptom looks a lot like this libxml2-related bug that appeared in
> other gcompris components about 16 months ago --
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8641 . In fact, if I remove all instances
> of > and < from connect4.xml then the activity starts correctly
> (it later fails, I guess because I have mangled its configuration).
>
> Is this a known issue, is there a fix?
>
> cheers,

Got similar issue, after upgrading libxml it was ok.

I'm working on packaging v9 for ASLO and bundles will carry bunch of
blobs(v9 uses recent pycairo) and I'll include new libxml as well.

The reason to bundle v9(and some its deps) for XO-1, these bundles will
be useful on XO-1(in contrast w/ v8):

* new v9's goocanvas to speedup redering
* optional no-zoom mode to speed up GC
* sugar toolbars e.g. it will minimize CPU usage, since UI components
  will be plain gtk widgets
* timing tuning for some dynamic activities
  (overwise they can brick XO-1)

I'm plaing to upload them to ASLO this week.

--
Aleksey