[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Why #sugar should be logged - a plug for transparency and ease of use.

Jeff Elkner jeff at elkner.net
Wed Jan 13 08:29:58 EST 2010

I'm really not interested in beating a dead horse, Sacha, so after
making my case I'm more than happy to drop this (though I will
continue not to use #sugar for any discussions I would want to save if
it is not logged).

The reason that I find auto logging saves me work is the same reason
I'm now completely in love with Google docs.  Call it attention
deficit disorder or whatever, but I have 4 different computers on
which I normally work, plus I work on other people's computers when I
travel.  Having stuff in the cloud is simply easier for me.  I don't
have to think about it.  It is just there when I need it.  I won't
have the logs around like you do.  I will forget to store them, forget
what I called them when I do store them, or have deleted them in an
attempt to reduce the amount of data I'm storing locally, etc.

Auto logging in no way prevents you from keeping your own, but it
doesn't require me to.

jeff