[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Fonts-configuration

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Jan 11 14:17:50 EST 2010

2010/1/11 Art Hunkins <abhunkin at uncg.edu>:
> My code, given in full below, does this - for XO1/1.5, SoaS Strawberry, SoaS
> Blueberry (and hopefully future incarnations of Fedora SoaS), as well as
> potential future non-Fedora SoaSes. It works fine and has been tested on
> varying systems except for XO1.5 and non-Fedora SoaSes (obviously - and I
> may be way off base here; I've assumed a similar set of font conditions to
> SoaS Blueberry).

Your code does not adhere to my suggested guidelines, which state that
if filling a specific area is required then you should dynamically
figure out the font size using regular pango functionality. See the
Measure activity for an example.

> My only concern is whether my code will still work once the proposed UI is
> implemented. I'd appreciate any and all insight to this end.

I'd say your code is unlikely to continue working well in the future
regardless of whether this feature is implemented. I also think that
it won't even work very well at the moment, e.g. you seem to assume
that all blueberry users have identical displays.

Daniel