[Sugar-devel] Feature cleanup meeting: 11.01.10 --- Summary

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Mon Jan 11 13:02:51 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 06:44:36PM +0100, Simon Schampijer wrote:

> Sugar Bundles: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Sugar_Bundles
> ---> Original request cam up to simplify the ASLO updater
> (infrastructure request)
> ---> we agreed in the goal itself, we would like to know how important
> it is for a deployment to know if we better do it now or later
> ---> request feedback from deployers on the ml

Just to make clear initial intention, this is not about using *only*
bundles to keep metadata info out of sugar, e.g. in case of
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1636, bundles are not useful. So we can
use both methods and make this using smooth.

But since bundles also useful e.g. for uploding sugar objects to/from
file servres etc., if could be useful is using one bundle type instead of
.xo, .xol and .xoj bundles. So we can move difference betwean various
bundles usage(for activities, libraries, Journal objects) to choosing
the right set of METADATA fields
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Sugar_Bundles#Specification

--
Aleksey