[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Fonts-configuration

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Jan 11 12:40:53 EST 2010

2010/1/11 Art Hunkins <abhunkin at uncg.edu>:
> With respect to the proposed UI and "low-hanging fruit":
>
> The font-configuring code I use in OurMusic-2 strictly adheres to Daniel's
> suggestions.
>
> Basicly, Daniel's suggestion would pick up the proposed UI-set font value
> from:
>      settings = gtk.settings_get_default()
>      font_name = settings.get_property("gtk-font-name")
> then manipulate and display individual text instances with:
>      font = widget.get_pango_context().get_font_description()
>      font.set_size(int(font.get_size() [and whatever])

I don't understand why you need to get the gtk-font-name property.
That is not part of my suggestion. Activities should never be
concerned with this property.

> This presumes that the UI would change the value found with the first set of
> two code lines above, and have nothing to do with the second set. However,
> this latter set is based on system defaults which *remain unchanged* under
> the proposed feature. These defaults are not likely to change for other
> reasons either.
>
> Am I correct concerning these defaults, and should code based on the above
> continue to work on all XO and SoaS systems?

I don't understand your description or questions, sorry.  Perhaps you
could explain what you're trying to do. Eithre way, I get the feeling
that you are deviating from the guidelines I am proposing.

Daniel