[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] 'Resume' vs 'Start a new' Activity

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Mon Jan 11 03:37:33 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 06:37:35PM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:

> As a straw-man, the ring view would now display two concentric circles
> of
> icons. The inner ring would have consist of colored "resumable"
> activities and
> would have occasional holes when no resumable instance was available.
> The outer
> ring would consist of uncolored "start new" icons.
Interesting idea. Personally I would switch the two rings (start
empty/fresh from the inner circle, spread out to ones you already worked
on), but this is quite superficial (small inner area = no/few work done,
large outer area = more work done) of course. In theory it would allow
to stack even more rings around it (-> history, show most recent on the
outside), but in practice even the single-ring layout tends to need too
much space already.
A variant would be showing pairs of icons in a single ring; don't know
what looks better or is easier to grasp.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/