[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Fonts-configuration

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 13:00:17 EST 2010

Hello,
I just wanted to announce that I would be more than happy to do the
remaining work to be done for
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Font_configuration
The main work involved is to implement a xsettings manager which will
be monitoring the relevant Sugar GConf keys and updating the
corresponding Xsettings as and when they change. Currently I'm
considering customizing the existing sample xsettings manager which
comes with the spec[1] and see how that works out. The manager would
be started during Sugar startup, as done in GNOME
(gnome-settings-daemon).
Thanks,
Sayamindu

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/xsettings-spec/xsettings-spec-0.5.html