[Sugar-devel] Sugar-devel Digest, Vol 15, Issue 17

vijit singh vijitthetopcoder at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 13:49:26 EST 2010

> Hello Simon,

I would support what Bert mentioned in one of his mails-

*When selecting an activity icon it would show the most recent Journal
entries and an icon to start a new instance. Fitt's law would suggest to
either pop it up close to the activity item, or put it in a predictable
place at the screen edge. The former would be almost trivial to implement -
simply bring up the palette on click and have it fully expanded right away.
The double-hovering is just too undiscoverable and time-consuming.
Click-choose-click would be much faster.*
*
*
*
*

I think what Bert mentioned in his mail would be a good option and this is
very close to what I wanted to say in my last mail.

> Any comment about the delay of the palette?

I think removing the delay thing completely and showing the complete palette
when the icon is clicked and let the user decide whether to start with a new
activity or a previous version of the activity( by showing the journal
entries of that activity)  would be a much better option.

However, from the coding point of view I am not sure about its feasibilty, I
mean afaik the basic characterstic working of palette is like that only i.e.
to display the whole palette only after a delay( when being hovered) and I
couldn't find any function in the palette module to change this
characterstic . So, it might just require a change in the palette module as
well. Still I am not sure about this because I haven't dealt much with
palette earlier and couldn't devote much time in searching for the correct
way to do so.

Regards,
VIJIT