[Sugar-devel] Several chapters of "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" ready for review, feedback

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Wed Jan 6 12:56:18 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 10:01:36AM -0600, Jim Simmons wrote:

> I don't have a Mac.
FWIW, I've got a real (read: PowerPC) Mac (eMac to be more specific)
running Sugar from distro packages on Debian squeeze quite fine.
Installation was a bit painfull, though - I need to repeat it some time
and file bug reports. Or maybe someone else is adventurous enough to try
it? :)

> My brother has one but lives in another state.  I know the latest Macs
> run a kind of Unix on Intel chips, but can they run sugar-jhbuild?
They can't run sugar-jhbuild directly inside MacOS X. It's possible in
theory, but would take a lot of effort (most of it probably changing
upstream code to build and run on MacOS X).

> Or do you run Sugar in a VM of some kind?
That's one option. The two others are dual-booting into some Linux
distro (similar to what they seem to do with Windows) and SoaS. But Gary
probably knows about that much better than I do. :)

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/