[Sugar-devel] Several chapters of "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" ready for review, feedback

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Tue Jan 5 17:18:23 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 03:20:15PM -0600, Jim Simmons wrote:

> I have two development boxes at home, one running Fedora 10 (which I
> plan to leave alone) and another running 11, which I could update to
> 12 if that would give me .86.  Unfortunately, Fedora's idea of upgrade
> seems to be a clean install, which I'd like to put off.
I don't know what tools there are for Fedora, but Debian has debootstrap
and schroot which I'm using to install and use different versions of
Debian inside chroots for Sugar development. Works quite well for me
(except for #1401 [1] / #1403 [2], that is).
For different distros I use KVM, but chroots are much more comfortable.

PS: Thanks for the guide. I haven't read it yet, but your effort is
quite appreciated.

[1] http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1401
[2] http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1403

CU Sascha