[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [POLL] collab.sugarlabs.org

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Tue Jan 5 12:09:50 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 11:58:17AM -0500, Benjamin M. Schwartz wrote:
> Aleksey Lim wrote:
> > So, the question is should we have special place to treat such issues
> > in convenient and casual developer/requester friendly manner.
>
> -1
>
> 1.  Fragmentation is bad.  We should instead attempt to unify our
> development sites under an interface that is both friendly to novices and
> efficient for experts.  Fragmentation prevents questions from reaching
> people who know the answers.

the core concern here is "development sites" collab.sl.o shouldn't be
"development" site but central point there devs, users, doers, educators
meet. Thus it shouldn't dublicate sites like wiki/track/etc.

> 2.  Without a much more detailed description of the website, it is
> impossible to judge whether it is worth building.

thats right, but the 1st(start) question is do we really need such place
and then think about creating/reorginize-existed sites.

--
Aleksey