[Sugar-devel] g.sl.o issues for Karma and perhaps other activities

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 19:31:00 EST 2010

This sounds like the ideal conditions for Git.

Just set up a server at your office using any Git related software you
want, like Gitorious or even GitWeb.  Developers set their projects up
on your local server, and when they reach some level of stability they
create public repositories on git.sugarlabs.org.

Do all your development on your local server, and every once a while
push the changes over to SL.

  git push gitorious at git.sugarlabs.org:myproject/mainline.git

If SL people want to make changes, they clone the repository on
git.sugarlabs.org and push to it.

  git push gitorious at git.sugarlabs.org:myproject/wadebs-clone.git

The SL person lets the author know by email, and the author pulls the
changes to their local repository, merges them, and pushes them to
your internal server.

  git pull gitorious at git.sugarlabs.org:myproject/wadebs-clone.git
  .. do merge work
  git push username at local-git-server:myproject.git

Does this help at all?

-Wade