[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Showing 3G Connection Errors

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sat Feb 27 11:47:15 EST 2010

On 27 Feb 2010, at 15:53, Eben Eliason wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:07 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:

>>> Is it possible to override the dismissing of the palette when connect is clicked? User sees a 'connecting' positive feedback message in the palette, with the palette only auto-dismissing after a successful connection?
>>
>> I think it's pretty doable from the coding side and could work quite
>> well in this case. About the design side, do we want to introduce this
>> variation?
>
> This could be a bit odd. Since the palette is attached to the Frame,
> does that also prevent the Frame from hiding? How long does it usually
> take to connect? Could it get in the way of the user?

FWIW I was imagining the palette dismissing as usual in all other existing cases, the only change would be to override the dismiss that happens when you click on the connect item. The message must change to "connecting" or some such language, so the user immediately knows their click is being responded to.

Does the icon vary colour at all to indicate status? White stroked for inactive, user stroke and fill colour for connected. Perhaps a warning badge on the icon for an error?

Regards,
--Gary