[Sugar-devel] Problem configuring sugar-jhbuild

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Sat Feb 27 10:18:50 EST 2010

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 03:44:22PM +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

>> Looks like it cannot connect to your X server. How exactly are you
>> running
>> sugar-jhbuild? Please include all steps, including how you logged in
>> (xdm/gdm/kdm, text console, ...).
> Could sugar-emulator had been ran as root, thus leaving files that
> cannot  be overwritten?
We tackled this on IRC. It turned out Yevlempy hadn't updated his system
(Fedora) for quite some time; after doing so it worked fine. I still
don't understand exactly what was broken (Xephyr worked fine when
started manually, but not inside sugar-emulator) so let's hope it was
some obscure Python bug that good fixed for good. :)

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/