[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] webcam images and control

Benjamin M. Schwartz bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 25 11:59:35 EST 2010

Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> All of the standard parameters are controllable through the normal V4L2
> interface; that includes gain, saturation, etc.  It all works.

Fantastic; thank you.  That sounds like big progress since the last time I
looked at this ... two years ago.  I guess it's time to take another look
at a high-quality photography activity.

>> On the XO-1.5, even basic camera functionality is still not
>> working correctly.
>
> I'm looking at the flip issue today.  What other basic functionality is
> not working correctly?

I haven't been involved with this, so I can only speculate.  #9853
suggests that the automatic gain control on XO-1.5 is not functioning as
well as on the XO-1.  I'm sure you know more about this than I do.

--Ben