[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Design Meeting Summary (3G Support)

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Sat Feb 20 14:47:22 EST 2010

Thanks Daniel for writing the summary!

On 02/20/2010 07:01 PM, Daniel Castelo wrote:
> *Design Meeting Summary*
>
>     - Apply Ebens Mockup to the 3G Connection Pallete. (
>     http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:3G_device.png).
>
> We have the icons:
> sugar-artwork/icons/scalable/actions/go-down.svg
> sugar-artwork/icons/scalable/actions/go-up.svg
> sugar-artwork/icons/scalable/actions/media-eject.svg

'go-down' and 'go-up' isn't exactly what we have in the mockups. Eben
are there those icons in artwork already, or could you make us some?

>     - Display the connection errors in a similar way that Alert shown when
>     control panel configurations requires restart.  Will be great if Eben
>     could make a mockup adding this.

We thought about a label and a button to dismiss it.

>     - The Device icon should change when the connection is established (we
>     need a new device icon for this)

I wondered about the following options: a grey icon when no
configuration is set in the Control Panel. And colored if we have a
setting. The icon could 'radiate' like we do with the wireless icon:
((b)) and b. Just some thoughts.

>     - Align the control panel options (left align) and write a better
>     description of each field (For the next version the wizard made by aa could
>     be added http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1630)

Ref.: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/3G_Support#UI_Design

For example: APN isn't very descriptive. We could label it: Access Point
Name (APN). Same true for PIN, PUK etc

We might want to have as well a label at the top describing in a few
words what this section is about.

Regards,
    Simon