[Sugar-devel] Setting public key - gitorious

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Fri Feb 19 14:32:41 EST 2010

James,

The Git chapter in your manual is excellent, and I've learned a lot from it.
It presents a coherent, continuous view of the subject, and is very
readable. It should be grasped by anyone with a modest acquaintance of
things Linux. (Unfortunately, I'm not quite there yet. My problem is that
I'm still not conversant in the language.)

One of my challenges is that I've been using the Nano editor rather than one
more fully-featured. OTOH, I'm also doing most things on the XO-1 and wanted
(also perhaps wrongly) to keep things as simple and minimal as possible.

I think my basic push/pull problem was that I had confused my own activity
versions, and had tried to push a version that had *no changes* from the
current git posting. (I presume that would give the error message I got as
well.) Yes, on your suggestion and Aleksey's, I added the pull first. At any
rate, when I committed some actual *changes*, the error disappeared - only
to show the remaining ssh key issue.

Maybe *some* day -- (and thanks for your help and wonderful tutorial)

Art Hunkins