[Sugar-devel] Heads Up: Sugar 0.87.4 coming to Rawhide

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Feb 14 17:44:50 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 07:09:16PM -0300, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> If the method suggested by Sebastian fails due to nasty dependencies,
> I'd be glad to backport the 0.86 or 0.87 packages to F11 for testers
> like you.
>
> Hopefully it won't take much time, just let me know if it's needed.

It did indeed fail due to nasty dependencies and so I stopped
investigation.  If you do what you suggest, then I'm more likely to
test.

My main reason for testing is part of diagnosis of the 0.84 problems
encountered ... if I can test 0.86 or 0.87 and say "this is fixed", then
that opens up the possibility of either backporting the fix or closing
the ticket as "solved in a later release".

There is a useful side effect of testing 0.86 or 0.87, but don't
*expect* this to occur from me until we start using those versions in a
build.  ;-}

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/