[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] [REMINDER] Testing day --- 13 February

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Sat Feb 13 15:31:03 EST 2010

Early report on the Soas testing day build:

I tested this build (created with Fedora Live USB Creator) on four systems.

The build only completely booted on one system, an XO-1. Excrutiatingly
slow. System crash (eventually back to main screen) whenever scroll
attempted either with click on scrollbar or a mouse-wheel scroll.

On other three systems, boot got through hot dog - then blank screen with no
tiny arrow display. (XO-1 got the arrow display and further on.)

My desktop just stalled at that point with a blank screen, but my eeePC900
and Intel Classmate both displayed an identical set of messages:
render error detected
EIR
page table error (# all zeros, ending with 100)
EIR stuck

I was also able to determine (on the XO-1) that csound-python was still not
included in the distro. Unfortunately, I was not able to attempt installing
it, as I didn't have ready access to the Terminal activity due to the scroll
issue.

I hope others have better luck.

Art Hunkins