[Sugar-devel] Test request: Overwhelm chat

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 07:54:21 EST 2010

Long time ago, we've seen Chat.xo get slower and slower as messages
pile up. It didn't seem to be a network issue, but a "draw it on the
screen" or perhaps on the scrollable canvas.

Here is the original bug report. It was done with an XS, and the
networking side (wifi, XS) was not saturated. It just seemed like Chat
could not handle the traffic for purely "local" reasons.

Does this still happen on SoaS Strawberry? Blueberry? Latest?

This one is easy to test with a few XOs or SoaS machines and
hiperactive testers... It will probably be more visible on XO-1s
because the CPU and GPU are fairly limited in performance.

(I ask Strawberry because that's the Sugar that gets deployed on XO-1.5s ;-) )

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions