[Sugar-devel] The Journal and the no document centric activities

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 13:59:10 EST 2010

One of my activities is a game that does not produce any document in the
journal. Only the scores  are recorded in activity_root/data.
The problem in the XO is that it gives an error because the method Activity
save() method checks whether a file was generated with the name
provided. Implode
activities like record two files to not display the error. The solution was
to implement file recording scores at the data directory in the method
can_close() rather than write_file() in my activity.
The problem is that it continues to generate an entry in the journal to the
output of the activity and I think that you should not do. The same applies
to the Log and Terminal activities that are most likely not used by
students, but also pollute the journal.
Is there any way around it now?
Accept some modification on this?

--