[Sugar-devel] One More Font Display Question

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Fri Feb 5 16:52:16 EST 2010

Working with the latest SoaS iso (0.87.2) at:
http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/3/soas-3-20091228.iso , I note
that the default font now displays with a slightly greater width.

Example: for the same screen widths (in pixels) and the same default font
(Sans 10), the same text now occupies approximately half of a pango-context
unit greater width. (I guess this equals about 1/2 of a point.) I get the
same results on 4 different systems, including the XO-1.

As a result, my text displays now overflow the screen, requiring horizontal
scrolling.

Can anyone explain why this is happening? (I assume ?? that the actual font,
presumably DejaVu, has not changed.)

Art Hunkins