[Sugar-devel] screen blurring using firefox 3.5 and 3.6

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Fri Feb 5 05:35:11 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 5:22 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 10:33:12AM +1300, Tim McNamara wrote:
> > On 26 January 2010 17:15, Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org> wrote:
> > > I see significant blurring whenever a png image is added for
> manipulated
> >
> > Just got this email. GMail has been acting very slow recently.
>
> No, it wasn't GMail's fault ... this was a message with large attachment
> that was held in the mailing list moderation queue and only recently
> released.  The thread has progressed since then.
>
> > Which activity is this, sorry?
>
> Firefox and Browse.
>
> > I could have a go at ...
>
> It's an interaction between the browser rendering and the graphics
> subsystems, the "blur" isn't really an "out of focus" effect, but
> incorrect pixels left behind on screen.
>
> The thread moved from the mailing list to the bug tracking systems ...
> have a look at the Sugarlabs ticket #1689 for the discussion since.
> http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1689
>
> --
> James Cameron
> http://quozl.linux.org.au/

sorry for not keeping up the e-mail thread,

http://trac.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1689

setting

Option "MigrationHeuristic" "greedy"

in the Device section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf fixes the issue

this has to do w/ the new version of the E-Paath activity, custom to Nepal,
but anyone who can read Nepali would enjoy it ;)