[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Feature Status

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Feb 4 03:06:13 EST 2010

On 02/04/2010 01:38 AM, Walter Bender wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Simon Schampijer<simon at schampijer.de>  wrote:
>> On 02/03/2010 09:15 PM, Walter Bender wrote:

>>> I have a simple patch that enables the naming alert to be activated
>>> from the toolbar at anytime and not automatically activated on stop.
>>> Would such a patch be considered for 0.88 and we can revisit for 0.90?
>>> (Note that this is a feature that originated in the field.)
>>>
>>> -walter
>>
>> I agree, this is as an important issue to solve. What about having a button
>> going to the Journal detail view of the entry? This is the logical place to
>> make such additions.
>>
>> Or how do you like the idea to have an option in the activity toolbar for
>> the description [1]? And adding later one for the tags, too?
>

> I think this is more than adequate. I would have it be additive rather
> than editing the entire description on the toolbar.
>
> -walter

Good point, yeah we can see how we represent that best (maybe someone
can generate a mockup).

I remember someone had worries about screen size, especially for
old-style activities that has only one tab (since we add another
button). We have to check for that. For new-style activities it works
fine as we have the activity toolbar.

Regards,
    Simon