[Sugar-devel] screen blurring using firefox 3.5 and 3.6

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Feb 3 18:37:40 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 10:33:12AM +1300, Tim McNamara wrote:
> On 26 January 2010 17:15, Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org> wrote:
> > I see significant blurring whenever a png image is added for manipulated
>
> Just got this email. GMail has been acting very slow recently.

No, it wasn't GMail's fault ... this was a message with large attachment
that was held in the mailing list moderation queue and only recently
released.  The thread has progressed since then.

> Which activity is this, sorry?

Firefox and Browse.

> I could have a go at ...

It's an interaction between the browser rendering and the graphics
subsystems, the "blur" isn't really an "out of focus" effect, but
incorrect pixels left behind on screen.

The thread moved from the mailing list to the bug tracking systems ...
have a look at the Sugarlabs ticket #1689 for the discussion since.
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1689

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/