[Sugar-devel] IMPORTANT: "sugar-jhbuild run" no longer starts sugar-emulator by default

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Wed Feb 3 17:57:19 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Jim Simmons <nicestep at gmail.com> wrote:
> In the "Make Your Own sugar Activities!" book I'm doing at Floss
> Manuals I do refer to "sugar-emulator" as something distinct from
> sugar-jhbuild.  For instance, I'll say, "If you're using sugar-jhbuild
> under Fedora 11 do this, if you're using sugar-jhbuild do that."  Even
> though technically what I call sugar-jhbuild is not completely
> different from sugar-emulator the experience of running them is
> different.  In earlier versions ./sugar-jhbuild run would use more
> recent versions of libraries that were actually installed on the box.
>
> Calling "./sugar-jhbuild run sugar-emulator" just "sugar-jhbuild" is a
> convenient way to get people to know what you're referring to, even if
> not strictly accurate.
>
> I wasn't aware that "run" had those options.  I don't think it's
> documented anywhere.

http://live.gnome.org/Jhbuild
http://library.gnome.org/devel/jhbuild/unstable/command-reference.html.en#command-reference-run

I'm not sure exactly why sugar forked jhbuild, but I'm guessing one of
the ways that sugar-jhbuild differs from upstream jhbuild is that the
'run' command used to have a default command.  Maybe Sascha can
explain the differences.
  --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )