[Sugar-devel] How to start the Browse activity from my own activity?

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 21:30:15 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 5:55 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 09:59:12AM +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 23:30, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>> > I've just tested; one can open Wikipedia activity, type google.com into
>> > the location text field, and then start a Browse activity from the
>> > activity ring ... result, two active web browsers. ?A feature! ?;-)

For the record, Wikibrowse *extends* Browse.  It starts up a local
webserver which serves pages from a compressed wikitext database, and
then instantiates a customized Browse activity.

I'm glad Chris jumped in and took credit for the /home/olpc thing, I
didn't think I had left it like that ;)  Also, it would be great if
the Browse source code were available to other activities without
hacks like this.  I look forward to Sugar Services providing this
functionality in a clean manner!

Best,
Wade