[Sugar-devel] [Feature] [DESIGN] Enhanced Color Selector

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Tue Feb 2 17:54:09 EST 2010

On 2 February 2010 22:45, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:

> In the design meeting and the ml-thread the '+' layout and the rows of

XOs were favored. Eben brought as well the 'static rows with separated
> fill/stroke' on the table. Let's try to find an agreement.

The proposal looks great. May I suggest a revision to the string literals?

Click to change stroke color: => Outline
Click to change fill color: => Body

Stroke/Fill are terms of art in vector drawing area. My guess is that the
terms outline and body (when looking at the XO figure) may be more natural.

I feel we can omit "Click to change" or replace it with "Choose". I'm pretty
sure it'll be obvious by exploration that clicking on the little XOs changes
the big one.

Any thoughts?

Tim
  Identi.ca / Twitter / IRC @timClicks

p.s. Apologies all for being silent for several weeks. I took a few weeks
off during summer, then moved house (no Internet) & have been caught up with
the Haiti earthquake response with the Sahana project.