[Sugar-devel] [support-gang] New and revised chapters of "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" ready for review, feedback

Jim Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 17:30:25 EST 2010

Aaron,

There will be several ways for readers of the book to get the code:

1).  The Floss Manuals website, which is where the book will live.
2).  A PDF, which they would normally generate themselves from the website.
3).  A Git repository containing all the sample code, which would
probably be the simplest method for most.  The repository exists and
is referred to in the book in several places.  I can stress using the
Git repo instead of copy and paste in future drafts.

As for the PDF, at this time generating the PDF using a tool called
OBJAVI! seems to be the simplest method of getting a text for people
to review.  In the Floss Manuals site it is possible to "publish" a
book so that its contents do not change while you make revisions, but
book authors typically do not have authority to publish themselves.  I
get the impression that most use OBJAVI like I've been doing.

Thanks for the feedback.  If you're trying to learn Activity writing
from the draft, check out the Git repository and more power to you!

James Simmons