[Sugar-devel] Read Only ? (Fedora-14-i686-Live-SoaS)

Art Hunkins abhunkin at uncg.edu
Fri Dec 31 14:37:54 EST 2010

Actually, for me, installing Fedora-14-i686-Live-SoaS.iso to a USB drive via Fedora liveusb-creator does work. But it is tricky, and requires some extra work. And yes, it is important to specify persistent storage (I select all additional available storage) when creating the stick.

As discussed some months ago on this list, the trick is to immediately press and hold down the SHIFT key upon selecting boot from USB. If you are lucky, the SYSLINUX display will come up with a second line: Boot:

After releasing SHIFT, type: linux0<enter>

The dot cursor will move to the following line and several seconds later your USB stick will boot as you expect. (Unfortunately, you need to repeat all this each time you boot.)

I wonder if anyone is looking into this issue? (And whose issue is it?) The current condition renders 0.90 SoaS highly problemmatic - especially for Windows users.

Art Hunkins