[Sugar-devel] A heads up for the major changes that will appear in Fedora 15 / SoaS 5

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 15:35:06 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think that is what people are saying. I think they are saying that
> we need not resolve all of our potential GNOME 3.0 issues immediately as the
> 2.0 libraries will still be present. Is that not the case?

Yep.

AIUI, Sugar is not forced to switch to the new GNOME 3 API right now
to work on F15.  The v2 API will be available.

In other words -- people are mistakenly imagining a flag day; instead
there'll just be a new-vs-old API. The old API will be deprecated at
some point but that happens over a longer timeframe.

There's a good chance to flesh it all out at FUDCon -- I hope people
working on gobject introspection will be there.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions