[Sugar-devel] A heads up for the major changes that will appear in Fedora 15 / SoaS 5

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 09:27:07 EST 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com> wrote:
> This is the monstrous gaping maw of doom, from my perspective. Just about every Activity and much of the Sugar UI will break.

AIUI, from discussions with Simon and Tomeu that's not the case. Gnome
people are not that insane, the old APIs will still work and be
supported.

They won't be the latest coolest API wiz-bang so support may be
weaker, and/or we may get "ah, well, the bug you mention is fixed in
the introspection API, migrate to that" instead of a fix to the
problem you report.

Personally, I don't mind *not* being in the bleeding edge for one cycle :-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions