[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] SoaS 5 feature list

Thomas Gilliard satellit at attglobal.net
Wed Dec 29 05:58:13 EST 2010

Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Thomas C Gilliard
> <satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:
>
>> I added this to the Soas_v-5 list:
>>
>> Implement feature: Revised_Browse_default-bookmarks
>>
>> proposed and approved for v-4 SoaS
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Revised_Browse_default-bookmarks.html
>>

> What was the reason this wasn't included in SoaS-4? I wasn't involved
> in the later part of this discussion and the reason it wasn't
> included.

It never got done as we lost sdz and mel (who was mentoring me on git)
in the middle of it.
>>> We need to discuss on list what would included on the wiki page linked from
>>> the sugar-browse start up screen.<
>>>
>> I had originally proposed a condensed version of the online sugar creation
>> kit for it here:
>>
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_Creation_Kit
>> (last revised 06/29/2010; so far out of date)
>>

> As discussed previously the Sugar Creation Kit is a super set of SoaS
> and has SoaS as a dependency so by definition can't be included in
> SoaS.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_Creation_Kit
was just preliminary markup to what content I thought might be included
on the wiki page that the default bookmark would link to.

This is NOT the Sugar Creation Kit DVD.iso

(I have tried to use the Sugar Creation Kit page as an advanced but
simplified Index to Sugar.)

The wiki page includes a wide range of topics a few of which include:

Installation Methods
Floss Manuals Index
Customization
  Including an advanced section on "Build your own remix" with
livecd-tools and spin-kickstarts
Virtualization Methods with Prebuilt Appliances of various versions of
sugar in various linux OS's