[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] A heads up for the major changes that will appear in Fedora 15 / SoaS 5

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Tue Dec 28 18:04:41 EST 2010

Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just thought I would give people a heads up for changes that I'm
> aware of that are going to be appearing in Fedora 15 / SoaS 5.
>
> The big one will be gnome3/gtk3 plus the associated changes that will
> come with the required pygtk / gobject-introspection (Tomeu could you
> possibly fill out some of the impact of this?), I'm somewhat concerned
> about this actually but time will tell.
>
> Also on the cards is the following:
> - csound 5.12.1 (in rawhide now - please test)
> - systemd - new init startup - I don't this affects us directly in
> that we don't have any specific custom services that depend on it

So far the nightly composes (latest soas-i386-20101227.17.iso) stop at
gdm login for "livuser"
and then reboot and restart continuously. So I am unable to test. Is
this due to systemd?

Testing link:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Talk:Sugar_on_a_Stick_release_process#CD_Boots

Also;
The desktop spin logs in but will not install with liveinst ( Anaconda)