[Sugar-devel] Wacom Bamboo with Colors! on > XO-1 (again)?

chm devel.chm.01 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 18:06:41 EST 2010

On 12/22/2010 5:30 PM, James Cameron wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 10:49:11AM -0500, chm wrote:
>> Thanks for the suggestions and the reminder of how slow
>> NAND can be.  I've added a USB stick for swap and yum
>> caching and another for the kernel git and compile.
>
> Just thought I'd mention ... I've tested USB flash drives against USB
> hard drives, and found the USB hard drives far superior when performance
> is important.
>
> I see from the other mailing list that you've been able to get the new
> kernel working.

Yes, I've built the wacom.ko kernel driver for
the latest linuxwacom version 0.8.8-10 but
there is a missing libxcb-xlib.so.0 dependency
that I am unable to obtain.

   yum provides '*/libxcb-xlib*'

Dies with 2 errors but no success:

   [olpc at xo-0d-2e-68 linuxwacom-0.8.8-10]$ sudo yum provides '*/libxcb-xlib*'
   olpc-f11-xo1/filelists                                                    | 4.4 MB     00:06
   http://xs-dev.laptop.org/%7Edsd/repos/f11-xo1/repodata/filelists.xml.gz: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match checksum
   Trying other mirror.
   Error: failure: repodata/filelists.xml.gz from olpc-f11-xo1: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.

I'm currently trying to build from an older version of
linuxwacom which matches the version installed via

   yum install -y linuxwacom

and will see if the missing xcb library is something
that was introduced since that release.

--Chris