[Sugar-devel] Wacom Bamboo with Colors! on XO-1 (again)? [Sugar-devel Digest, Vol 26, Issue 40]

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 21 06:22:16 EST 2010

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 19:14:14 -0500
> From: chm <devel.chm.01 at gmail.com>
> To: Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com>
> Cc: Sugar Devel <sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org>
> Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] Wacom Bamboo with Colors! on
> XO-1 (again)?
>
> I tried the pre-built x86 drivers but that did not
> work so I think the kernel driver will need to be
> compiled.  The Mini-HOWTO at
>
>    http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/index.php/minihowto
>
> looks promising but it will take me a while to
> set up swap space on the XO-1 with the latest
> OS and to configure yum to use a local repository
> for the cache rather than the memory destroying
> and only temporary tmpfs.

You do not really need yum or swap for that. If you use os767/802 (Fedora 9)
Get _your_ kernel-devel rpm from :
http://dev.laptop.org/~dilinger/testing/
and the F9 rpms of the packages you need from :
http://archive.kernel.org/fedora-archive/releases/9/Everything/i386/os/Packages/
and use rpm to install them and then build your module.