[Sugar-devel] ArchLinux packages for Sugar

Cilyan Olowen gaknar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 17:53:35 EST 2010

Le 14 décembre 2010 22:49, Christophe Guéret <c.d.m.gueret at vu.nl> a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I just updated sugar and sugar-datastore. Now they both compile and run on
> my desktop (test I did not do before...). Please let me know if they work
> for you as well :)
>
> Christophe
>

> On 12/13/2010 05:28 PM, Bastien wrote:
>>
>> Hi Christophe,
>>
>> Christophe Guéret<c.d.m.gueret at vu.nl>  writes:
>>
>>> The sugar packages for ArchLinux were orphans and outdated.
>>> I just adopted and updated a bunch of them:
>>> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?SeB=m&K=tolgam
>>
>> Fantastic!
>>
>>> If you are an Arch user, please have a look at them and let me know if
>>> they work for you.
>>
>> I'm an Arch user :)
>>
>> I did install this:
>>
>> ~$ yaourt -S sugar
>> ~$ yaourt -S sugar-base
>> ~$ yaourt -S sugar-artwork
>> ~$ yaourt -S sugar-toolkit
>> ~$ yaourt -S sugar-datastore
>> ~$ yaourt -S sugar-presence-service
>>
>> I then tried to add sugar-session to my .xinitrc and run startx from a
>> tty console.
>>
>> No luck.
>>
>> I had an "invalid syntax" error (line 26 in sugar-session).  I have both
>> python 2.7 and 3.1 on my machine.  I s/python/python2 in the first line
>> of sugar-session to get rid of this error, but I run in another one: no
>> module hippo found (I first thought it was related to hippo-canvas so
>> installed this but I guess I'm wrong here.)
>>
>> My ArchLinux is up to date.
>>
>> Is there more logs I can give you?  Any step-by-step install of Sugar on
>> ArchLinux somewhere?
>>
>> I would *really* run Sugar natively on ArchLinux, that'd be awesome.
>>
>> Thanks!

Hello Christophe,

The best way for me was always to check all the imports in the python
file. That is quite annoying and long but I unfortunately never found
something accurate enough to be sure not to miss one package. Once I
listed everythings with grep "import" *.py, I wrote the following
script to help me: http://aur.pastebin.com/uEfMNZs8

It's not 100%, but it helps.

Best luck!

Cilyan