[Sugar-devel] Update on recent outreach activities in Universities

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Mon Dec 13 07:46:45 EST 2010

Hi all,

Anish and I have recently been putting in efforts to reach out to University
Students here in New Delhi in an effort to interest more and more talented
programmers to join Sugar development efforts.

We observed that there is interest and enthusiasm for students to contribute
to such projects, when they get to know about them, however there is less
awareness. After the initial outreach/presentation, we have coached them on
some of the basics eg getting Fedora up and running, installing
sugar-jhbuild (some are still facing problems), IRC, asking questions on the
mailing lists etc

The first batch of 5-7 students who've been interested regularly, will soon
be joining the list and might be asking questions, as well as looking for
projects to contribute to :)

-Arjun

--
Arjun Sarwal