[Sugar-devel] prevent screen rotation in a sugar activity?

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 19:45:30 EST 2010

Erik,

If you use PyGTK to develop your Activity there are Layouts which will
arrange your controls on the screen to make the best use of the
available space.  In this way the app is still usable with the screen
rotated.  In View Slides I detect when the screen dimensions change
and resize the image I'm displaying.  You might look at the code for
View Slides to see how I do that (or look at Read SD Comics which does
the same thing but is simpler).

Screen rotation is a useful feature of the XO.  Your Activity should
be able to deal with it gracefully.

James Simmons