[Sugar-devel] get_bundles() change breaks Wikipedia vs WikipediaEN

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 17:15:58 EST 2010

Background: I'm rolling new Wikipedia and WikipediaEN releases. During
testing we foundthat the two collide when one is present and the other
is installed via Sugar.

I'd like to revert or seriously refine this patch which loosens the
criteria for get_bundle()
http://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar/mainline/commit/2bbe3b252a4043cb3a0ddda8ef4ba7099a695a81

The thing is -- as discussed a bit in
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/897 -- get bundle is used internally
for calls that require precision. The desired DWIM belongs to a
user-friendly function that sugar-launch should call.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions